Professionals & eXcellence in Limburg
Studying at PXL equals
- practice-oriented study programmes
- a competency based education system
- a strong focus on IT in education
- student centred and interactive teaching methods, case studies, projects
- good and respectful contact between students and teaching staff
- international modules and courses taught in English
- language courses for international students
- excellent student services: housing service, student counselling, sports facilities, student catering, bicycle rent, good public transport in Hasselt and to the campus site in Diepenbeek
PXL offers professional bachelor programmes in business, education, healthcare, IT, media&tourism, music, social work and technology, and bachelor and master programmes in arts. The language of instruction is Dutch.
PXL welcomes exchange students from partner universities. We organise international courses in English and Dutch.
International students @ PXL
Silvia, a student communication management from Spain: https://vimeo.com/127298853
Ruben, an IT student from Spain:
After six months I can say that this is a good place to study! The international module offers the possibility to put into practice all the knowledge that I learned at my university in Spain. The subjects are very practical, and therefore interesting to study. It was also very clear that the teachers are responsible people who look after their students very well.
Although Dutch is a difficult language I was able to communicate with my peers. Most of the Belgian people speak and understand English.Finally I would like to say that staying in Hasselt gives you the possibility to travel. Because of its close proximity to neighbouring countries you don’t only get to know Belgium, but also the rest of Europe.