Application degree programmes

All the degree programmes at PXL  are taught in Dutch. If you want to apply for a regular degree programme at PXL and you do not have a Flemish diploma of secondary education, you can start the application procedure if you can submit the following documents.

Application documents

  • A legalised* copy or certificate of secondary education
  • A certified translation of diplomas of secondary education in Dutch, German, French or English
  • A statement of the embassy (embassy in the country of origin or embassy of the country of origin in Belgium), a university or authority from the country where you obtained your diploma,  stating that the submitted certificate grants access (similar ) to university studies at home.
  • A certificate or attested copy of the Dutch language course (Vantage B2 / level 4 / module 3.2) or Dutch language test certificate from AUHL
  • for Chinese students: an APS-certificate in addition to the diploma of secondary education
  • A copy of passport / ID
  • A valid residence permit**

* The legalisation is done by the Belgian embassy in the country where the degree was awarded. There are some exceptions, these are listed in this document.

** Valid residence permit: If the student is not in possession of a student visa, he may submit an application for a declaration of intent. With this declaration of intent, the student can enroll for a year of intensive Dutch study. After that year and when he fulfills the admission requirements he can enroll at PXL University College.

For your application, fill in this document.

For further information the student can make an appointment with the ‘dienst studievoortgang’ at the following address (please choose “dienst studievoortgang”).

Language conditions

  • You studied at least one year successfully at a secondary school in the Dutch language, or
  • You succeeded for at least 60 ECTS credits at a higher education institution in the Dutch language, or
  • You have a certificate proving your competence in the Dutch language at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) obtained at a university language center, or
  • You have a certificate of the Dutch Language Union: “Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal” (CnaVT) of the type PTHO (“profiel taalvaardigheid hoger onderwijs”) or PAT (“profiel academische taalvaardigheid”), or
  • You have a certificate proving your knowledge of the Dutch language of an equivalent level, provided by one of the partners of our University Association AUHL (Associatie Universiteit-Hogescholen Limburg).

If you do not fulfill any of these conditions, you have to apply for a language test. These language tests are organised in the period between June and September.  Please note that you can only participate once in the same period between June and September.

Participating at the test costs 70€. You have to bring this fee on the day of the test.

Registration link for the language test: