Selecteer "Alle cookies accepteren" als u akkoord gaat met het opslaan van essentiële cookies, analytische cookies, marketingcookies en social media cookies. Door op "Cookie-voorkeuren aanpassen" te klikken kan u uw voorkeuren beheren. Cookiebeleid

Essential cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to move about the site or to provide certain features you have requested.
Analytical cookies
These cookies enhance the functionality of website by storing your preferences.
Marketing cookies
These cookies help to improve the advertising.
Social Media cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media button on our website or when you access social media content on our website.
Cookie-voorkeuren aanpassen

Registration at city hall

All international students are required to register at the Town or City hall of the municipality where they reside. This should be done as soon as possible after you’ve received your PXL registration papers (in Dutch: 'inschrijvingsattest').

Bring your registration paper from PXL, ID and/or passport, housing contract, health insurance proof and passport photos. Mention how long you are staying and if you are an Erasmus student.

If you’re returning home, you have to unsubscribe yourself. You are legally obliged to do so.

If you're staying in Diepenbeek: Town Council, Dorpsstraat 14, BE-3590 Diepenbeek. Check the website.

If you're staying in Hasselt: Administrative Services, Registration Office for Foreigners, Limburgplein 1, BE-3500 Hasselt. Make an appointment online or by calling +3211239000.

Are you a non-EU citizen staying for more then 90 days?

After registration at the local Town or City Hall, a police officer will pass by your residence to check that you actually live there. Make sure that your name is on the doorbell. If you are not at home you will receive a letter inviting you to report to the police station of your district. You'll then receive a residence permit, called A-Card, for approx. 19 euros.